The major objective of the Irrigation Technician position is to manage the day to day operations of our commercial and multi-family irrigation division assisting with sales initiatives and executing all work sold. The Irrigation Technician oversees the servicing of all irrigation systems as well as ensuring their full functionality relaying information to the sales team for additional work recommended or required. Communicates with customers to ensure satisfaction with service and solve problems to foster a positive, long-term relationship and discuss additional opportunities. Ensures irrigation jobs are managed within budget to meet or exceed all required financial performance objectives. S/he completes tasks set forth by his/her manager with attention to quality and detail. The Irrigation Technician will also maintain a positive image for Acres in the field and in the industry.
• Perform and oversee billable repairs, contractual work and write service tickets for all completed calls.
• Repair and maintain valves, trace electrical components, replace and initialize clocks and timers, locate existing valves and perform all necessary repairs.
• Troubleshoot irrigation system problems and repairs as well as pumps, well systems and two wire systems.
• Adjust sprinkler and irrigation system to water plants and turf grass.
• Perform preventative maintenance checks and service on pumps and other equipment as required.
• Install aerator systems in ponds and provide service and troubleshooting.
• Perform and prepare presentable irrigation system audits to customer base.
• Effectively schedule and execute irrigation work to ensure it is completed within budget meeting or exceeding all required financial performance objectives.
• Ensure all work is performed safely and in compliance with applicable governmental regulations.
• Assist in preparing estimates, proposals and contracts for clients and sales team members.
• Ensure customers are completely satisfied through effective communication and service.
• During the winter months and if time allows at other points in the season, assist the commercial maintenance division with estimating.
• Participate in snow removal operations as needed with the potential of running a snow route.
REQUISITE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & amp; ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of aerator systems including service and electrical.
• Knowledge of safety practices and procedures.
• The following certifications are a plus: Certified Landscape Irrigation Auditor (CLIA), Certified Irrigation Designer (CID), Back flow Prevention Test certification.
• Various manufacturer aerator certifications are a plus.
• Basic computer proficiency.
• Ability to meet the physical demands of the job in order to perform the essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical demands regularly include standing, walking on uneven surfaces, stooping/crouching, kneeling, reaching with hands and arms, fine motor skills using hands/fingers, seeing intricate parts and overall system, talking and hearing. Lifting requirements are regularly 25 pounds and occasionally up to 75 pounds.
• At least 5 years of relevant irrigation experience.
• Possess a valid Illinois driver's license and acceptable driving record.