Dallas Zoo Management, Inc.
650 S. R.L. Thornton Frwy , Dallas , TX - 75203
The Dallas Zoo is a fast pace, fast growing company with extreme irrigation. We are looking for an extreme Irrigator that can design installing, maintaining and repairing any and all irrigation systems, misting systems, DCA’s & RPZ’s. Supervise and coordinate work with the Irrigation Technician.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work with Irrigation Tech. /subordinates in daily preventive maintenance, repairs, and construction of irrigation and misting systems.
• Pull permits from City of Dallas for zoo irrigation projects.
• Maintain accurate controller programming records (including back flow) and prepare reports as needed.
• Research and prepare estimates for materials and resources.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Ability to read and install from prints.
• Must have the ability to design and/or modify commercial irrigation systems.
• Effective oral and written communication skills with experience in software such as MS Word/Excel.
• Must have a current TCEQ Irrigators License.
• TCEQ back flow assembly tester license a plus.
• High School diploma or GED.
• Must have the ability to be part of a team; must work with and assist other co-workers as needed.
• Two years experience with installing and maintaining irrigation systems.
• Experience operating a trencher, back hoe and various other pieces of heavy equipment a plus.
• Must be able to walk, stand, kneel, push, pull, stoop, crawl, twist, reach overhead, grasp, bend, climb stairs and ladders, work without fear of heights, and lift 50+ pounds.
• Must be able to work overtime, nights, holidays and weekends as needed.
• Must be able to actively work in inclement weather, such as heat, cold, rain, ice, and snow as needed.
• Must have a valid Texas driver’s license with reliable transportation.
Successful candidates must complete a pre-employment drug screening, background check and TB test.