Plant Health Care Technician
27 Greenwood Ave , Midland Park , NJ - 07432
· Horticulture/Turf related educational background
· NJ Pesticide Applicator’s license (or within 60 days)
· Excellent plant knowledge.
· Desire to learn & improve
· Positive attitude
· Ability to work with people and communicate effectively
· Ability to forecast, recognize, and diagnose insect and disease problems and schedule the appropriate treatment
· Knowledge of insects and horticulture disease activity
· Ability to determine life cycle of pest
· Ability to read labels and mix chemicals accurately and safely
· An excellent attendance and tardiness record.
· Ability to communicate with customers and upsell company wider services.
· Oversee the efficient production of plant health care services. Work with Division Manager for continuous improvement of PHC services, paperwork, and production.
· Monitor PHC sites monthly and provide knowledgeable recommendations and feedback to customers through monthly PHC Site Reports
· Ensure all properties are serviced in a timely and productive manner based on route list.
· Schedule supplemental treatments as needed
· Serve as a back-up for specialty crews and PBM crews.
· Identify and maintain inventory of site plant material
· Map sites indicating existing plant materials & conditions
· Collect samples from the field for identification and treatment
· Recommend control strategies based on Integrated Pest Management principles
· Apply pesticides for spot treatments
· Install Enhancement projects as requested.
Sales and Customer Service
· Accurately follow company procedures for work authorization, work orders, change order, and routing procedures.
· Enter any complaints & resolutions into the call log.
· Pro-actively speak to customers regarding additional recommendations for health & appearance of their property.
· Estimating and sales of PBM, LHC, and Maint. services.
Shop, Vehicle, Materials, Equipment, and Yard Maintenance
· Inventory, maintain, and order all PHC and LHC chemical stock
· Keep PHC and LHC shop areas organized, clean, and safe
· Assist in keeping plant material organized, watered, and pest free
· Assist in keeping maintenance shop and yard clean and organized.
· Keep assigned truck clean, maintained and organized.
Training and Safety
· Practice safe pesticide storage, handling & application procedures.
· Adhere to and enforce all safety policies and procedures.
· Wear company uniform and work boots at all times.· Continue education progress by attending classes and seminars.